- Ownership of this Website
- Who Vinyl Value Records is
- Our Processing Partners
- What Personal Information Do We Collect From You and How?
- How Your Information May Be Used
- Legitimate Interest
- Marketing Opt-In And Opt-Out Provision
- Who We Will Share Your Personal Information With
- Where We Process Your Personal Information
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- How You Can Access Your Personal Information And Keep It Up To Date
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
- Why We Link To Other Websites
- Social networks
- Where And How To Ask Questions Or Contact Us About This Policy
- How to contact the Regulator if you believe your data is not being handled correctly.
1. Ownership of this Website
This website is owned and run by Vinyl Value Records, referred to as ‘Vinyl Value Records’ and we will from time to time refer to it in this document as ‘we’.
2. Who Vinyl Value Records is
Vinyl Value Records is a privately owned unincorporated business selling and buying recorded music media and associated products and is based in the UK.
3. Our Processing Partners
Payment provider: PayPal
Website developer: SavvyWeb
4. What Personal Information do we Collect from you and how?
The information we collect and hold about you may include your name, email address, phone and mobile phone numbers, home address, shipping and payment card billing address, IP address, search criteria, shopping history, shopping preferences, music and music media collecting interests, the type of browser you use (a browser is the program you use to look at websites, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari), the times when you access the site and for how long, your referring URL (the site you come from to reach our website), cell IDs (these are the unique identifiers of the telecommunications towers being used by your mobile phone when you use our locations-based services on your mobile phone or tablet) and other location information (for example, GPS measurements), content you share with us when you use our services, date of birth, password details, answers to security questions and any other information you may give us from time to time.
When you shop with us, there are different ways we gather information about you and covers any of the following situations:
- When you register with us or subscribe to our newsletters or emails, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if you place an order, and pay via PayPal, your PayPal email address. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us. Storing this information means you may not need to re-enter these details each time you shop
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, which means we can create lists of your favourite items to make your shopping experience quicker and more convenient. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you’ve had with our products or services
- Telephone calls made to our business may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes. If this is the case, you will be made aware of this at the start of the call
- Interaction with us in any other way, such as via social media
- Clicking on an advert that we put on our or someone else’s website
- Ask for information or assistance
- Provision of testimonials or other feedback
- Commenting on any blogs or articles featured in our services
- Signing up for our special offers or other updates
- By registering, subscribing or using our services, you consent to the use of your personal data in line with this policy. We may also receive information about you from third parties, with whom we have a business relationship.
We may record or monitor calls that you receive from us or make to us. We will advise you of this at the start of any call. We may do this for security and training purposes, and to improve the services we provide to you.
6. How your Information may be used
Whenever you give us your personal information we will use it in accordance with applicable privacy laws and for the purposes set out in this policy, on the data entry forms you complete, in any relevant terms and conditions and on pages or emails which link to the data entry forms.
When you use our services, set up, look at or change your account details or contact us, we will record your personal details. Your information will be used in the first place to provide the products, services or information you have asked for and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We keep the information you provide and may use it for several purposes, including: (i) accounting, billing, reporting and audit; (ii) credit checking or screening; (iii) authentication and identity checks; (iv) credit, debit or other payment card verification and screening; (v) debt collection; (vi) safety, security, training, administrative and legal purposes; (vii) data matching and dedupe, statistical and market analysis, and marketing information; (viii) advertising and marketing for us; (ix) developing, testing and maintaining systems; (x) studies, research and development; (xi) customer surveys; (xii) customer care and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences; (xiii) where required by law or in connection with legal proceeding or disputes; and (iv) any other uses set out in the terms and conditions for use of our services. For these purposes we may disclose your information to one or more of the other organisations listed in the section called “who we will share your personal information with”.
- We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates, as detailed in the next section.
- When you use PayPal or a credit or debit card via PayPal to pay for goods, your full card details are not saved by us, but are used by our payment provider via a secure tokenised system.
- Saved payment card details will only be shared with our payment partner and not with any other third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner’s systems.
Tracking how our online services are used
Customization of our online services and advert targeting
How can I disable cookies and manage my preferences?
Browser: The majority of browsers are configured to accept, control or potentially disable cookies through the settings. We nevertheless remind you that disabling navigation or functional cookies may affect the functioning of the website and/or limit the service we offer. To the best of our knowledge and belief, below is the procedure to follow to manage cookies for the following browsers:
Microsoft IE: Delete and manage cookies
Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy
Safari: Safari for macOS Sierra: Manage cookies and website data using Safari
Chrome: Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome
Firefox: Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences
For more information on cookies and to manage your preferences for third party profiling cookies, please go to https://www.youronlinechoices.com. Once on the site, by accessing the area “Your Choices” you can: visualise the list of third party companies, our partners, which install cookies on our site (Company); verify the presence and activation status of installed cookies (Status) and manage your consent selectively (On/Off). By expanding the dedicated voice (Info) for each company, you can access more information relative to the company and, via a link, reach the specific information about privacy and cookies.
Access to Data and Customer Care
You may freely and at any time exercise all of your rights pursuant to Art. 7 of the Privacy Code, or receive assistance and explanations on how to provide your consent or selective refusal, or on how to delete cookies from your browser, by sending an email to us, selecting “Privacy” as the topic. We will reply to you promptly.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
7. Legitimate Interest
All the information we collect via our websites or through correspondence with you is used by us to operate and improve the service we offer you. We processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which include some of the following:
- Where processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our websites
- To provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- To provide a seamless service across multiple platforms such as email, mobile, tablet & desktop and across social media
- To provide email communications which we think will be of interest to you
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services
- Monitoring and improving any of our web sites and our services
- Planning and managing our business activities, including analysing customers’ shopping habits and preferences
- Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- Conducting market research including statistical analysis of customer behaviour that we may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. We will never pass your information outside of Vinyl Value Records for marketing purposes)
- Assessing your request for delivery of orders from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Experian and Equifax and credit reference agencies
- We may also check your details held by the IMRG Security Alert scheme and other fraud prevention schemes
- Enabling a debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order
- Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
You have the right to object to this processing; if you wish to do so please click contact us on 07412 675534 or by email at email@example.com.
Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
It has always been our policy never to sell or share our data with third parties.
By opening an account with us you agree to us collecting and using your information in this way.
8. Marketing Opt-In and Opt-Out Provision
Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by Vinyl Value Records. We offer you the chance to receive news, record and music updates which, depending on your preferences, we will discuss with you by phone or send to you via email, SMS and/or direct mail. These include alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests and one-off marketing promotions.
You can opt-in to receive these updates, if you wish. You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe from any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Whenever you receive direct marketing from us, we will tell you how to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you can change your marketing preferences by logging into My Account. To opt out of direct mail, please contact us on 07412 675534 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you tell us that you do not want to receive direct marketing, we will still contact you in order to provide you with products and services you request and for administration purposes.
9. Who We Will Share Your Personal Information With
We will share your information only with partners through whom we provide services to you for the purpose of providing those services only or for their providing us with information. These purposes may include financial reporting and analysis, strategic planning, the development of customer segmentation and metrics to provide a consistent view of our customer base, research and analytics, to help us source the right products in future and make better product recommendations, more effective targeting of our marketing campaigns.
It will also be used to provide more tailored marketing by email or any other means (electronic or otherwise) subject to your signing up to receive it. We may pass your information onto one or more of the following organisations: (i) data processing companies, mailing houses and other third party suppliers working on our behalf to process our transactions with you; (ii) regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, such as the police. Every now and again, we receive requests for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation asking for it.
We collate information about site traffic, sales, wish lists, and other commercial information which we may pass onto third parties, but this information does not include any details which can identify you personally.
10. Where We Process Your Personal Information
When we use your information as described in this policy, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we do this, we make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect your personal information and your rights. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside the EEA. Governments in certain countries such as the USA have broad powers to access data for security, crime prevention and detection and law enforcement purposes.
11. How You Can Access Your Personal Information and Keep It Up To Date
You have the right to see information we hold about you, with some exceptions which are described in the privacy laws. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com. You will need to pay a processing fee.
You have the right to review and update your personal details. If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information we hold is not correct, please visit our online services and, after logging into the site using the “My Account” link in the menu, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the “My Account” section. Only you or, upon your request, our Customer Care team, may access your personal data from our online services using your user ID and password. Information may be changed online within “Account Details” or “Addresses”.
You can change saved PayPal details only when a purchase is made. We keep no customer credit card or payment card information as these are kept by PayPal. To delete a PayPal account. To delete a PayPal account please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through security validation checks. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at email@example.com and we will amend your personal details.
12. Safeguarding your Personal Information
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold about you. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require. These including storing, using and releasing any information you have provided, as well as measures designed to prevent unauthorised access or use. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use.
13. How Long will we keep your Personal Data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and planning of theatrical productions.
As an example of customer data retention periods, when you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years from the date of your last order unless we have received your renewed permission to retain it for longer. The exception to this is where the law may require data to be held for longer, e.g. for accounting purposes.
14. Why we Link to Other Websites
Our online services contain hyperlinks to websites that are owned and operated by other organisations. These websites have their own privacy and cookie policies, and we urge you to read them. They control how your personal information is used when you give it to these other organisations or they collect it with cookies. We do not approve any other websites and we are not responsible for any information, material, products or services that are on or accessible through those websites or for the privacy practices of websites run by other organisations. If you use these other websites you do so at your own risk.
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your permission before we publish it.
If you wish to submit a comment or feedback on a blog or article featured on our services, we may (but are not obliged to) publish your comment online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will collect your name or username, only part of which may be displayed next to your comments. We will not publish information that may identify any individual, without explicit permission.
16. Social Networks
18. How we Can Make Changes to This Document
19. Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ (opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.